Holiday Toy Collection & Share 2012!
Posted Dec 11 2012 - 2:36pm by LongIslandFNB
Do you have Toys that you’re not showing love anymore? Well if you get them to Long Island FNB from now until December 23rd we’ll get them to someone who will. Just contact us or bring them to our drop-box at Urban Coffee in Greenlawn!
It’s that time of the year again, the FNB rock-out-the-cold-athon is back and we’re looking for toys (all ages, new and used), warm clothing, sleeping bags, pants, shirts, gloves, boots, sweaters, leggings, blankets, hats, socks, and whatever else you can think of.
So here’s what you can do, either call (631.223.4370) or email (longislandfoodnotbombs [at] gmail [dot] com). We can pick anything up from your house or office directly just let us know when is good for you. You’re also more than welcome to drop toys and clothing off at any of our food shares - which you can find by checking out our website, www.lifnb.com/food_shares
Please RSVP on Facebook, and pledge to share toys for the holidays!
1. Signup to volunteer for our Holiday Toy Collection and Share! There’s lots of ways you can help out from collecting materials, hosting a collections bin or volunteering to transport materials - so please check it out and signup.
2. You can collect toys and warm clothing from your friends, family, schools, neighbors, sporting teams, clubs, co-workers, etc… and we can pick them up from you at any location for your connivance. Just email us at (longislandfoodnotbombs [at] gmail [dot] com) and we’ll work something out.
3. If you have a car and would like to help us with the transportation of all this stuff or with pickups let us know. You can signup to help with that here.
4. If you work for a food store, restaurant, health food store, clothing store, sporting goods store, etc… and you feel like you’re throwing away lots of good stuff get in contact with us. Lets see if we can create pick-ups from where you work!
5. Print out and pass around our flier (it's added as a picture in this event), leave it in libraries, schools, workplaces and other areas of social interaction.
6. Host a collections bin! Collection bins are great to put in your office, school, café’, communal home, etc… Again, if you’re interested in this please signup here.
Leave Toys & Clothing In Our Drop-Off Box
If you have items that you'd like to share, you can also bring them to our drop-box at Urban Coffee in Greenlawn (101 Broadway Greenlawn, NY 11740)
More info: Where these toys will be shared?
The toys we gather will be shared at our regular food share locations on the following dates.
Farmingville @ 7pm on Thursday, December 20th
Wyandanch @Noon on Saturday, December 22nd
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn @3pm on Saturday, December 22nd
Hempstead @ 2pm on Sunday, December 23rd
More Incredible Events!
Tuesday, December 25th @7pm - “Ho Ho Huntington” a Special Huntington Food Share & Christmas Dinner
***Please note, we need toys like whoa! We start sharing them on Dec.18th so if you're interested in helping out please get back to us asap and if you have any questions please feel free to contact us, LongIslandFoodNotBombs [at] gmail [dot] com.